"Lego Harbor" is a spoof of a film called "Dark Harbor", which I saw about a year and a half ago when I was working my way through every Alan Rickman film I could find. A few months after I saw it, I decided to remake it in Lego. I didn't bother to watch it again before I wrote the script, so it's more a spoof of my
memory of the original. It turns out I got a lot of it eerily accurate, but some of the timeline stuff is turned around, and I left out some bits. It's 17 or 18 minutes long.
Netflix calls "Dark Harbor" a "psychological thriller" and an "erotic thriller." I agree with the former, although the music helps to give it its "thriller" quality. I opted for downloading what free little bits of music I could find off of www.brickfilms.com, so it's not quite the same. In my fantasy world, I have my own personal composer, but one does what one can. I'm not sure I'd call either version particularly "erotic", but feel free to think of "Lego Harbor" as erotic if that floats your boat. Alan Brickman ("
Lemon Zing") plays Dullard Whinebag.
Oh, and here's another thing about "Lego Harbor". A lot of it takes place in the rain, but I opted to let the audience use their imagination for that, instead of plastering a bunch of fake looking "rain" over my pictures, or dropping clear Legos out of the sky. I hope that was the right decision. Think of it as me trusting my audience to have an imagination. Yeah. That's it.
Anyway, here's "Lego Harbor". There are spoilers to the plot of the original, so be warned.
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment